The Canadian Media Production Association (CMPA) is pleased to announce new speakers added to the stellar line up for Prime Time in Ottawa 2016, which will take place February 3 to 5 at The Westin in Ottawa.
From Canadian media leaders and co-production experts, innovators in digital platforms and storytelling, to international marketplace trailblazers and specialists of brand-funded entertainment, Prime Time’s speaker roster now includes:
- Mary Ann Turcke, President, Bell Media;
- Christian Rank, Executive Producer, TV2;
- Christine Shipton, Senior VP and Chief Creative Officer, Shaw Media;
- Christina Jennings, Chairman and CEO, Shaftesbury/Smokebomb;
- Jay Bennett, Senior VP, Creative and Innovation, Shaftesbury/Smokebomb;
- Steve DeNure, President and COO, DHX;
- Stuart Garvie, President, Media Sales, Bell Media;
- Lisa Godfrey, Head of Original Content, Shaw Media;
- Nina Sudra, General Manager Canada, Vice;
- Sam Toles, Head of Global Content Acquisitions and Distribution,Vimeo;
- Greg Rubidge, Founder & President, Syndicado;
- John Hadity, Executive VP for GEPF, EP Financial Solutions;
- Brent Bernie, President, ComScore;
- James Milward, Founder/ Executive Producer, The Secret Location;
- Mackenzie Donaldson, Producer and creator of Whatever, Linda, Aberrant Pictures;
- Daniel Bekerman, Producer, Scythia Films;
- Vibika Bianchi, Senior VP, Force Four Entertainment;
“Innovation, entrepreneurship, new opportunities in international and digital markets, and the evolution of legacy media are the primary focuses of Prime Time 2016,” said Reynolds Mastin, President and CEO of CMPA. “We believe we’ve assembled the best minds in the business to explore the complex issues driving our industry and to highlight the opportunities ahead.” Prime Time offers a premium networking experience, amplified by the successful ‘Breakfast With’ initiative for delegates to meet with industry buyers and experts.
Previously announced speakers include Opening Keynote John Penney, Chief Strategy Officer, Starz; along with industry powerhouses Tone C. Rønning, Commissioning Editor Drama and Arts, NRK; Lorenzo De Maio, Agent for Independent & International TV, William Morris Endeavor Entertainment; Rob Kenneally, TV Agent, Creative Artists Agency; Janet Brown, CEO, FilmBuff; Dino Demopoulos, Head of Strategy, Tribal DDB; Jake Norman, Head of Agency Development, Facebook; Kaan Yigit, President, Solutions Research Group; Justin Stockman, VP Business & Channel Strategy, Bell Media; Moyra Rodgers, CEO, Magnify Digital; Barbara Williams, President of Shaw Media and Executive Vice President of Broadcasting; Heather Conway, Executive Vice President, CBC; Jim Kiriakakis, Head of Television and Development, Buck Productions; John Young, Managing Director, Temple Street Productions; Noreen Halpern, President, Halfire-CORE Entertainment, and David Cormican, EVP, Business Development & Production and Partner, Don Carmody Television.